Trang Chau is a Clothing Designer and Creative Director based in Los Angeles with 15 years of experience in the fashion industry. She graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor’s of Fine Arts Degree from Otis College of Art and Design, Los Angeles. Her design style is clean, minimal and modern while using fair trade and sustainability practices. She is inspired by geometry, nature, futurist architecture, and contemporary classical music.
She has experience in design, patternmaking, production management and creative direction for Luxury Womenswear, Childrenswear, Couture, Resort and Bridalwear. In addition, she has teaching experience in fashion design and patternmaking. She has designed and consulted for start-ups and have helped launch over 6 brands including 2 of her own.
Designer and Creative Director for the following brands:
-Le Sang Des Betes
_Lucerne & Lee
-District Mot Kids
- Taught Design to Project Runway Winner, Chelsea Ma.
- Featured Designer at SHOWDOWN! a Fashion and Architecture Show at The Mak Center, Schindler House
- Featured Designer at The New Garde Presentation for GEN ART (LA Fashion Week)
- GEN ART runner up for Best Avant Garde Designer of the year (out of 800 International Designers)
- Showed at LA Fashion Week - 5 consecutive years.
- Patternmaking, Sewing, & Construction
- Technical Packs : Flat Drawing, Linesheets, Patterncards
- Trend Research & Analysis
- Textile Knowledge & Fabric Sourcing
- Wardrobe Styling
- Production Managing
- Photoshop & Illustrator
- Web/E-Commerce Design (Shopify, WIX, Square)
- Social Media Content Creator
- Instagram Layout Design
- Creative Direction, Brand/Logo Design
- Product and Editorial Photography
- Marketing Design
- Business Management